Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Beatles and Ice Cream

There's something about new sketchbooks. No matter how many (or how few) drawings I have in one, I always get attracted to some other book. It's like a blog-- one may be filled with so many bad memories (in this case, drawings) that you can't help but to drop it and start a new. In one out of my five kris kringles, I got a new sketchbook and obviously, that's the one I've been using. So far, it consists of a ton of ice cream and an incomplete set of The Beatles.
This is the original:Here's mine:If only Ringo had a normal nose.... It may not be the best cartoony portrait of the Beatles, but shoot, it's the best I've done since my John McCain haha. My plan for this drawing is to of course finish it and typically for me, photoshop in the color and out my mistakes.
As for the ice cream... I made these doodles a week ago and I don't remember why I kept drawing ice cream. I told my cousin Adi that I'd put one of it on a t-shirt then he told me "You know Pharrell already has a bunch of clothes with ice cream on it right?" That killed my theme. Oh well, here it goes:



The Order of Phoenix is on HBO. Bye!

No comments: